Northern Maine General's Wellness Center offers a variety of aerobic machines in our exercise room as well as an indoor heated pool where individuals can perform aquatic exercise or swim laps. Pool size is 36 feet X 24 feet and depth ranges from 3 feet to 5 feet.
Monday - Sunday: 4:00 a.m. - 9:00 p.m.
*All membership and business matters occur at Central Office
Monday - Friday: 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
(no "per day" uses allowed)
Adults (15-59) $32/month
Seniors (60 and over) $29/month
Children (0-14) $26/month
+ $5 keycard activation charge refundable on return
NMG employees/spouses/domestic partners/immediate minor children are allowed to use facility at NO COST, but there is a $5 key card activation charge refundable on return.
Member's choice of seven consecutive days: $17/person
+ $5 key card activation charge refundable on return
(Birthday parties, recreational events, etc.)
$60 per hour (reserved for group's use only)
+ $5 key card activation charge refundable on return
Individual swimming lessons are offered throughout the year to any age child or adult, as instructor availability allows. The lesson is 30 minutes long. Private lessons means one-on-one with instructor, but pool may still be used by other members at same time.
During the summer, NMG offers group swimming lessons for children ages 3 to 14. Swimming lessons take place over a six-week period.
AVAILABLE TRAININGS & FEES
Both CPR/First Aid
Oxygen & Nebulizer
Ethics, Boundaries, Confidentiality
CRMA Med Pass
CRMA Study Group
- Individuals learn how to perform chest compression, how to give rescue breaths in the event a person has a heart attack.
- Individuals also learn how to perform the obstructive airway maneuver when someone is choking.
- Participants will also learn how to utilize an Automatic External Defibrillator (AED).
- An American Heart Association Heartsaver CPR card is received upon successfully completing this course. The certification is for 2 years.
- Participants will learn how to treat injuries that may occur on the worksite. They will learn basic bandaging, dressing application, how to control bleeding and treat for shock. They will also learn how to deal with certain medical emergencies such as diabetes and stroke.
- An American Heart Association Heartsaver First Aid card is received upon successfully completing this course. The certification is for 2 years.
The Bloodborne Pathogen presentation is to educate individuals about OSHA's exposure regulations, precautions to be used in order to prevent or control exposure to blood or bodily fluids that may contaminate or pose a serious health risk to the employee. They will learn the skills necessary to prevent exposure and how to properly clean up a contaminated spill.
This course is designed to assist mental health workers with addressing the needs of consumers they will be dealing with in a safe and professional manner. This course has twelve (12) modules which assist participants to gain insight on the mental health system. The twelve (12) modules are as follows:
1. Role of the Mental Health Support Specialist
2. Understanding Mental Health
3. Effects of Trauma
4. Health and Recovery
9. Health and Safety
10. Diversity and Cultural Competence
11. Maine's Mental Health System
12. Being Part of the Community
- This course is a two (2) day course which provides the participant with skills necessary to manage themselves as well as others. Through an understanding of the environment and behavior modification techniques, individuals will be able to use the least intrusive methods of interventions while working with others. Individuals will become aware of cause and effect, and the impact they have on the environment around them.
- Upon successful completion of this course, the participant will receive a certificate which is valid for one (1) year.
- The MANDT Recertification Course is a modified version of the two (2) day course covering the main highlights in one (1) day.
This presentation informs participants about the basic principles of ergonomics and of its importance in injury prevention. A review of some musculoskeletal disorders (MSD) and their symptoms also takes place. Participants are also informed about correct work practices, back injury prevention and standard policies pertaining to ergonomics. Participants are also informed on proper procedures and practices regarding visual display terminal utilization.
This is a 40 hour course which provides standardized training for the administration of medications by a non-medical person. The participant will be certified to provide error-free medication administration in a residential setting. This course will cover State of Maine regulations, some standard residential facility policies, basic anatomy and physiology of the human body, discuss common medications in the majority of drug classes, and practice safe medication administration procedures. Participants will also be provided with the opportunity to practice taking vital signs and transcribing physician orders. The class will focus on the many uses of medications, the client's response to medications and common side effects of medications. Once the participant has successfully completed this course, they will be certified by the State of Maine to administer medications in a residential setting for two (2) years.
The recertification course consists of a one (1) day course in order to renew the two (2) year certifications.
Very often professional boundaries become blurred and damage to the consumer or professional may result. This training focuses on the importance of understanding ethics related to working with children, adults, and families.
These are a series of presentations designed to assist a new supervisor and/or manager in developing essential skills when supervising others. Examples of these presentations are listed as follows:
1. Leadership: Style and Substance
2. The Supervisor and the Human Resource Department
3. Communication: Not by Spoken Words Alone
4. Self-Management and Personal Supervisory Effectiveness
5. Management and Its Basic Functions
6. Time Management: Expanding the Day without Stretching the Clock
7. Criticism and Discipline: Guts, Tact, and Justice
8. Motivation: Intangible Forces and Slippery Rules
9. How to Arrange and Conduct Effective Meetings
10. The Nature of Supervision
11. The Problem Employee and Employee Problems
12. Teams, Team Building and Teamwork
13. The Supervisor and the Law
MEET REGULATORY REQUIREMENTS FOR OSHA OR FOR STAFF DEVELOPMENT. CLICK FOR MORE INFO:
- CPR Training
- First Aid Training
- Bloodborne Pathogens
- Mental Health Support Specialist (MHSS)
- Ergonomic/Visual Display Terminal
- Certified Residential Medication Aide Course
- Ethics, Boundaries, & Confidentiality
- Effective Supervisor Trainings
NMG TRAINING CALENDAR, LIST OF AVAILABLE TRAININGS, FEES, & ONLINE REGISTRATION FORMS:
Hearing Conservationist Program:
- Hearing tests are conducted for employees and interpreted by a Licensed Audiologist.
- Employers are assisted in making their work environment safer through noise control engineering.
NMG's Information Technology Department is available to employees who may be having technical difficulties with their personal computers. Services will be provided at a 10% discount to NMG employees.
NMG's Information Technology Department is also available to employees if they are interested in purchasing an electronic device and need the Information Technology Department's advice, feedback, and expertise.