Northern Maine General's highly skilled and trusted Licensed Clinical Social Workers offer individual therapy, couples therapy, family therapy and related mental health care services to members of the greater community. Services are offered in our Central Office in Eagle Lake, in our Caribou office, and remotely via Telehealth.
Telehealth is a means of communication that allows remote access. If you cannot travel to your therapist's office, for reasons such as nonreliable transportation, or, if you prefer not to travel, NMG offers Telehealth so that you can access our outpatient mental health services from a remote location, such as your home. The quality of counseling is the same as the quality received in-person.
NMG uses GoToMeeting™ for its remote mental health services. Start or attend GoToMeeting™ sessions in seconds with the following devices:
- DESKTOP: Join easily from your Mac, PC, Chromebook or Linux computer.
- MOBILE: Start or join a meeting from an iPhone, iPad or Android device.
All of NMG's GoToMeeting™ sessions are HIPPA compliant, so you can feel comfortable knowing your session is private and information safeguarded. Read More Here
Our therapists are Licensed Clinical Social Workers with many years of experience.
As NMG's Clinical Director, with a Master of Social Work from University of Maine (Orono), Esther Cyr supervises all of NMG's Behavioral Health Programs; and, as a Licensed Clinical Social Worker, she also provides Individual/Family/Couple's Therapy Services through NMG's Outpatient Mental Health program. Esther's outpatient specialties include addiction, ethics, anxiety, depression, suicide, brain injury, grief management, eating disorders, co-occurring disorders, tobacco cessation, yoga for management of anxiety, motivational interviewing, trauma, bariatric surgery, co-dependency, gender identity, domestic abuse, self-care, end-of-life care, and personality disorders. Based in northern Aroostook, Esther is bilingual in English and French.
- Anxiety/Stress (For additional info, please click HERE)
- Attention / Hyperactivity Disorders (For additional info., please click HERE)
- Depression (For additional info., please click HERE)
- Bipolar Disorder (For additional info., please click HERE)
- Mood Disorders (For additional info., please click HERE)
- Eating Disorders (For additional info., please click HERE)
- Grief / Loss (For additional info., please click HERE)
- Personality Disorders (For additonal info., please click HERE)
- Psychotic Disorders (For additional info., please click HERE)
- Post-Traumatic Stress (For additional info., please click HERE)
- Psychosocial Assessments, e.g., the Vineland Adaptive Behavior Scales
- Individual (Child / Adult), Family & Couples Therapy
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
- Trauma-Focused Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (TF-CBT)
- Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT)
- Acceptance And Commitment Therapy (ACT)
- Eye Movement Desensitization Reprocessing (EMDR)
- Motivational Interviewing (MI)
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Play Therapy
- Sand Play
- Behavioral Management Plan Consultation
** This website and its links provide general information only.
Northern Maine General's website does not provide medical advice.
You are responsible for seeking your own medical advice from your own medical provider.